With every new hire, your objective is to select the most qualified person for the job. Yet you’re also responsible for supporting a fair and diverse workforce – and for upholding anti-discrimination laws by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). Whether intentional or not, hiring practices that discriminate against protected applicants could lead to serious legal trouble.
Are you aware of the various federal and state laws that prevent discrimination? Just as important, are you confident your hiring process treats every job seeker equally and fairly?
Attend this webinar for a discussion of the oversights that can hurt your hiring efforts – and what you can say, do and ask each step of the way to avoid accidental discrimination.
You will learn:
- Major anti-discrimination laws, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Language to avoid when advertising and recruiting
- Checklist of right and wrong interview questions
- Precautions with background/criminal checks
- Dos and don’ts of accessing social media accounts.